Monday, November 17, 2014

Easy Exotic Chicken (Video and Recipe)

We've been making this chicken a LOT recently - like around twice a week or something! I first made it because a couple of people in our family are going gluten-free and most soy sauces have wheat in them so I made this instead of soy-sauce chicken. We've been making it since! It is really great with rice and lentils. But we've also liked it with noodles, baked potatoes, baked potato wedges, and mashed potatoes. This takes me only around 5 minutes to put together and it really easy!
Although the spice list looks huge, it really isn't that complicated and you can skip a spice if you don't have it.

Ingredients:
1/4 teaspoon each of cayenne pepper AND cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon each of turmeric, garlic powder, black pepper, AND coriander
1 teaspoon each of parsley AND curry powder
1 tablespoon each of paprika AND cumin
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup olive oil
2-3 lbs of chicken (breasts, thighs, legs, or wings)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place chicken in a baking dish. Mix spices and salt in a bowl. Stir in olive oil. Pour over chicken. Bake for 60-75 minutes. Serve with rice and/or lentils. Enjoy! 



I often make this ahead of time and reheat it and the chicken only soaks up more of the flavor! So in other words: this is a great make-ahead dish. 

~~
Christi

P.S. I linked this to some of these blog hops as well as a blog hop at Nourishing Joy

4 comments:

  1. This is something I bet my husband would like. He goes for spiced up food more I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! You know, I was just thinking that if you made this, you could pour it over some of the chicken (keep some chicken just salt-and-peppered) and keep the leftover "marinade" in a jar in the fridge for future use. Just an idea!
      By the way, though, although it is spiced up it isn't super hot. (My six year old sister who doesn't like much spice likes this) And if the heat is what you don't like, you could leave the cayenne out.
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. What a versatile chicken - sounds like it goes well with lots of different options! I hope you can stop on by and share this or any other recipe with us on Five Friday Finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment! I shared this and another recipe on Five Friday Finds. Have a great week!

      Delete