Friday, March 14, 2014

Strawberry-Vanilla Cheesecake

The crust for this cake is a spin-off on the chocolate crust in Chocolate Chip Cheesecake With Easy From-Scratch Crust.

  • 2 8-oz blocks cream cheese, softened
  • 2/3 cup sugar (I use brown)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons flour (I use whole wheat)
  • dash salt
  • 2 cups sliced strawberries
  • Easy Vanilla Crust (recipe below)

Prepare crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Blend cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in strawberries. Pour onto crust. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool for 1 ½ hours at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish as desired with whipped cream, strawberries, and/or white chocolate shavings.

Easy Vanilla Crust
  • 1 stick melted butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • dash salt
  • 1 cup flour (I use whole wheat)

Grease a 9-inch spring-form pan. In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla. Press into the bottom of prepared pan. Use in recipe.

 I shared this on some of my favorite blog hops

10 comments:

  1. I have never seen a crust like this for a cheese cake. Sounds good!!! I don't care for cream cheese but all the rest of my crew love it. Need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We don't usually buy graham crackers, so I make this kind of crust a lot. I hope you all enjoy it if you make it!! :) Have a great evening!

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait to try this recipe! I love that you use whole wheat flour. I will be featuring this on Tasty Tuesdays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you baked the strawberries into the cheesecake. Will have to try this. Pinned. Visitng from Fri. Pin Fest. Thanks for posting & linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you really enjoy it!! Have a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  4. I sure hope you are alright. It has been a couple weeks since you posted a recipe. I have wondered several times about you. PRAY all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for caring enough to ask! :) I'm alright! I guess I've just been busy with other things and haven't been spending as much time on the computer. I suppose I should have written something to that extent in a post. Thank you for asking and I hope you have a blessed week!!

      Delete
  5. Yum!!! I going to try this recipe one of these Shabbats, Lord willing! Keep up the amazing cooking Christi! You are doing a fantastic job! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wondering why you have not updated in a month. PRAY all is well and you are just taking a break.

    GOD BLESS!!!

    ReplyDelete