Monday, February 24, 2014

Three-Cheese & Garlic Sourdough Biscuits

This is a spin off on Cheddar Sourdough Biscuits, just extra cheesy!! They are best served hot out of the oven with the cheese still melted and you know...like really nice and cheesy! Biscuits like these are the main reason I usually make the 24 hour sourdough starter.
I found a really good "traditional" sourdough starter recipe on King Arthur Flour's website that I've used before. It turned out very well and I was using it for a while. I would definitely make it again. If you've been looking for a good "traditional" sourdough starter recipe go for it! Also, I would mention that I made their recipe with whole wheat flour and it still turned out great! 
Now the yummy cheesy sourdough biscuits made with easy 24-hour sourdough starter...


  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ cup Parmesan cheese
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, place all ingredients except flour. Mix well. Stir in the flour. Roll out on a floured surface. Cut into rounds. Bake on flour-sprinkled baking sheets for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy hot out of the oven with butter!!  

2 comments:

  1. What a great recipe, I have not made any sourdough yet, but it is on my list of things to do. Thanks for sharing again on Real Food Fridays, I enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete