Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sourdough Pizza Crust

I'm pleased with how this sourdough pizza crust turned out. I added a teaspoon of yeast to give it a boost in rising, but I don't think it needed it. I'm still including the yeast in the recipe because it turned out well.  
         
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • ½ cup warm water
  • 1 teaspoon yeast
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 ½ teaspoons salt
  • 3 cups flour (I use whole wheat)
In a large bowl, mix sourdough starter, olive oil and warm water. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Knead for five minutes. Let rise for 2 ½ to 3 hours.

After rising (the dough more than doubled for me)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Knead dough on a floured surface for a minute.


Divide dough into fourths. Roll out each ball of dough into a pizza crust. Bake for 10 minutes. 


Top with pizza sauce and desired toppings. I posted a pizza sauce recipe in this post. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese melts and turns lightly golden.

Tonight we are serving this pizza with Cheesy Zucchini.


2 comments:

  1. We like a good homemade pizza. I have been making whole wheat pizza crust for a couple months. I need to start me some of this sour dough starter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like homemade pizza too! :) I hope you have fun with the sourdough starter! There are so many uses for it!

    ReplyDelete