Friday, February 7, 2014

Baked Oatmeal

This baked oatmeal is so delicious and easy! It can be served warm or made ahead and served cold or at room temperature. We like baked oatmeal with applesauce and milk, but it is also great on its own. 

  • 3 cups oats
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • ½ tablespoon cinnamon
  • ½ tablespoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ tablespoon vanilla
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • ½ cup chopped nuts
  • 8 oz. frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients together. Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour into a buttered 9x13 inch casserole pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes.

I doubled the recipe and still used one baking dish, but baked it for an hour.  

9 comments:

  1. This sure looks good. I've never made baked oatmeal. Need to try this.

    I can across your blog yesterday and was so impressed with it. Love that you use whole wheat flour. Do you grind your own wheat? I have been grinding mine for several years. I don't make everything with whole wheat but I need too.

    Just wondered since you seem to do about all the cooking did you learn all this from your mom? So nice to see young people doing what you do. I know it is a big help to your mom.

    BLESSINGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments!
      For many years we ground our own wheat, but for the past year and a half we've just been buying whole wheat flour.

      The next question is a little harder as it's a long story. To make a long story short, I started doing most of our cooking when I was 11. Several years later, my dear mother passed away. My mother taught me many things, but I mainly taught myself a lot of the cooking I do.

      Blessings!! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. Sounds great, never thought of making my own! Thanks for sharing at The Weekend Retreat, Hope to see you back on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is easy to make! Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  3. Christy, I am so sorry about your mom. I never dreamed such a thing. I am sorry I ask.

    GOD BLESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy! I have dried blueberries in my cupboard. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing this with us at the HomeAcre Hop! Hope to have you back again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Using dried blueberries sounds like a great idea! Enjoy!

      Delete