Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Apple Breakfast Cookies (ABC cookies)

  • 2 sticks softened butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • ½ tablespoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 ½ cups flour (I use whole wheat)
  • 1 apple, chopped
  • 1 ½ cups chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Mix in the baking powder, salt, and flour. Stir in the apple. Shape into balls and roll in nuts. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 18-25 minutes. When you gently touch them, your fingerprint shouldn't show.

  

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I wish I had some of these for breakfast now. Yummy!!!!

    I made cranberry, orange, walnut cookies and rolled them in unsweetened coconut a couple days ago. My goodness they were good. I also used whole wheat flour and sucanat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your cranberry, orange, walnut cookies sound really good! I should try something like that sometime!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Yum! Thanks for sharing on The HomeAcre Hop :) Hope to see you again today!

    ReplyDelete