Thursday, December 12, 2013

Homemade Cheese Crackers

Here is a cheese cracker recipe that I recently made. They are great with humus, cheese dips, and bean dips.

  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 8 oz. block of cream cheese
  • 1 stick butter
  • 3 cups shredded cheese
  • 1.5-2.5 cups milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Then cut in the cream cheese and butter. Add cheese and mix well. I forgot to measure the milk when I made these so just stir in enough milk to make the dough come together without being sticky.

Roll out thin on a floured surface. Cut into squares and bake on cookie sheets for 15-25 minutes, until slightly golden. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. The comments on Our Empty Porch Swing is not showing. I lived in West TN for five years, I can relate to alot of what you said, except for the lights, and water. Your porch, and swing make me long for our log cabin back there. It might sound strange, but I miss the whole process of getting our wood, thanks for sharing on Tuesdays With a Twist.

    Oh and by the way I'm pinning this recipe to my everything yummy board, and sharing on g+.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that the comments on Our Empty Porch Swing weren't showing. That's neat that you can relate to so much of the post! :) Even though there's a lot of work, like you said, getting wood to heat the house and all that is still something to be missed...
      Have a wonderful day! And thanks for sharing!

      Delete